|Revised: March 2, 2017
- Collection and Use of Personal Information. We collect various types of Personal Information from our users, as explained in more detail below, and we use this Personal Information in connection with your use of ActionTiles, including providing access, personalizing and improving our services, allowing you to set up a user account and profile, allowing users to use the functionality, and to analyze how you use ActionTiles. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
- Minors. As noted in the Terms of Service, we do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for ActionTiles or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13, we will respond as described in our Terms of Service.
- What Information is Collected?
- Information Provided To Us
If you have provided us with a means of contacting you, we may use such means to communicate with you. For example, we may send you updates about our services, informational updates, surveys or promotional offers (either on our own behalf, or on behalf of other businesses), or communicate with you about your use of ActionTiles. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open a message from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more relevant and improve our services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by clicking the unsubscribe preferences at the bottom of the email you received. Please note that you may not be able to opt out of certain service-level communications that we deem critical to your use of ActionTiles.
- Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you interact with ActionTiles, we automatically receive and record information on our servers, logs and databases from your browser, application, services or device(s). In particular, our Service is designed to allow you to connect various physical devices (e.g., the SmartThings Hub, and associated SmartThings and third party sensors and other devices) to ActionTiles. While connected to ActionTiles, these devices automatically report information to our servers (including information that you may have provided when setting up or configuring that device such as device access authorizations, authorization tokens or credentials), which may include Personal Information. The type of information that is collected from each device will vary depending on the device type. Some devices may send more information than is necessary, and may send information in an unsecured or unencrypted format. We do not control the information configurations of those third-party devices.
If we provide audio or video streaming, recording or storage features for you, and you elect to use such a service, then we may collect and process video or audio recording data for the purpose of providing those features, subject to your configuration and settings.
Other information collected automatically through the foregoing means may include your IP address, location details, “cookie” information, mobile device, operating system, the type of browser, demographic information, application and/or device(s) you’re using to access ActionTiles, click-through paths, the identity of the page or feature you are requesting or interacting with, time on page of feature, and other indicators of how you are interacting with ActionTiles. “Cookies” are identifiers we transfer to your device that allow us to recognize your browser, application or device and tell us how and when various pages and features in ActionTiles are visited or used and by how many people. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser, application or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
- Information Provided To Us
- Sharing of Personal Information. Any sharing of your Personal Information with third parties would only occur as permitted by this section:
- Aggregated Personal Information. We may anonymize your Personal Information so that you cannot be individually identified, and provide that information to our partners or use that information in marketing or promotional items. We may also provide aggregate information to our partners, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use ActionTiles. However, except as described below, we do not disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally, as an individual.
- We may allow advertisers and/or merchant partners (“Advertisers”) to choose the users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers. You agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to an Advertiser, in order for that Advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers. In addition to the foregoing, if you have not opted out of our targeted advertising feature as described below, you agree that we may share your personally identifiable information with Advertisers in order to deliver specific targeted advertising or offers to you.
We may deliver a file to you (known as a “web beacon”), through ActionTiles or email communications. Web beacons allow ad networks to provide anonymized, aggregated auditing, research and reporting for us and for advertisers. Web beacons also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit other websites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements and web beacons from the ad network’s servers, these companies can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
- Partners, Other Businesses and Third Parties. In certain situations, partners, businesses or third party websites (“Third-Parties”) may offer items or provide services to you through ActionTiles (either alone or jointly with us), including reselling or providing devices free of charge, providing third party devices, or delivering unique or custom apps. You can recognize when a Third-Party is associated with such a transaction or service based on the presence of their brand or a transaction you are conducting directly with that Third-Party. We will share your Personal Information with that Third-Party only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service, and to the extent that you have explicitly accepted incremental terms with that Third-Party whereby you acknowledge and authorize us to share your Personal Information. These incremental terms may be presented as part of promotional offers (either on the Third-Parties’ site or on ActionTiles-branded properties including our ecommerce site, or within customized setup steps that appear in ActionTiles).
We have no control over the policies and practices of Third-Parties as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an Third-Party, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies. If you decide you no longer want to share Personal Information with a Third-Party, you may no longer be entitled to receive certain benefits from the Third-Party or have access to ActionTiles without establishing a new account or relationship with us.
- Agents. We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
- User Profiles and Submissions. Certain user profile information, including without limitation a user’s name, location, and any content that such user has uploaded to ActionTiles, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within ActionTiles or address your request for our services. Your account privacy settings may allow you to limit the other users who can see the Personal Information in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. Any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by others. Your user name may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload content through ActionTiles and other users can contact you through messages and comments.
- Business Transfers. We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a Third-Party.
- We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SmartThings, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- Opt In / Opt Out. You can choose not to opt-in, or you can opt not to disclose information to use, but some Personal Information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our special features or ActionTiles in any form.
3-11 Bellerose Drive
St. Albert AB T8N 5C9